Ticket to Space @ Kirklandneuk

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Week 4 Space Probe Design and Launch

Here are our space groups.


This week online, we are designing and launching a space probe to our planets. We will be posting comments about how successful we were.

In the online activity we have to look at:
What power supply to use.
eg battery and solar power or nuclear power

What thermal control to use.
eg passive cooling (sunshades and reflective paint)
active cooling (refrigerators to keep cool)
active heating (electric heaters to keep warm)

What size of rocket to use.
eg small rocket which can launch a small probe with not too much equipment on board.
medium rocket which can launch a medium sized probe with more equipment
large rocket that can launch more complex probes.

But remember the larger the probe the more expensive they are!!

In class we made some rockets and tried to make them move across the room!

This album is powered by
BubbleShare
- Add to my blog


This album is powered by
BubbleShare
- Add to my blog

9 Comments:

  • At 9:45 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I travelled to Jupiter and I used nuclear power,keep warm, a medium rocket and it launched successfully. Jupiter is over 300 times heavier than Earth. Its surface is -150C!!!

     
  • At 9:47 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I built a probe and I put.....heating in it and it was an Medium size and it got to the planet Jupiter and I really found it really fun!!!

    and I wanted it to go to Jupiter and it did

    I found out that Jupiter was the biggest planet in the Soler System!!
    I found out that if you go near Jupiter you will get ripped to shreds!!
    I found out that no people have been on Jupiter!!
    I found out that probes HAVE been to Jupiter!!
    I found out that it`s a orange,brown,cream colourd planet!!
    I found out that it`s kinde of cold there!!
    i found out that it would take years to get to Jupiter!!

     
  • At 9:50 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My probe went to Uranus. It went by nuclear power. It had to keep warm We used a large rocket and it launched successfully.

    Uranus is tipped on its side.

     
  • At 9:51 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I travelled to Venus we needed battery+solar power we had to cool down we used a small rocket and it got launched successfully .

     
  • At 9:53 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi
    We have been laerning about the planets.My planet is Pluto.We made a rocket on online pioneer and we had to make it with the right way.we had to pick from battery +solar power or Nuclear power to go to pluto you need the nuclear power Cool down or Keep warm I needed the keep warm small rocker or Medium rocket or large rocket I had to us a large rocket.Did it launcch succsessfully...YES!!!!

    Pluto has a rocky surface and is not made of gas.

     
  • At 9:53 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hi from p5/6
    we were going to Neptune this is how i made my probe land there
    i used Nuclear power for the power
    you have to keep warm
    i used a large rocket
    and it launched successfully. Neptune is mainly gas not rockes

     
  • At 9:54 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Pluto is the ninth planet in the Solar System and is also
    the coldest .

     
  • At 9:55 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    we were going to Mars

    Battery & solar power

    Cooling machine

    Small rocket

    Launched successfully ? Yes

     
  • At 9:56 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Earth is the 3th planet from the sun and is the only place where life has been found (so far).

     

Post a Comment

<< Home